So my friend Nicole has inspired me to actually write down my “30 Before 30” list. And if you don’t know what a 30 Before 30 list is (I’m looking at you Chelsea), it’s 30 things you want to do / see / accomplish / etc before you turn 30. With my half birthday coming up in a few weeks, I thought it would be a great time to finally get these thing down on paper (or computer in this instance) rather than keeping a short list in my head.
Some things may be a bit lofty, while others will/should be fairly easy to cross off. Only 4 year and 6-ish months to go!
1. Go to Australia (Okay, so this is a given since we’re going this fall)
2. Pay off my student loans
3. Travel back to Europe
4. Re-learn screen printing and create a series of prints
5. Hot Air Balloon Ride
6. Take a handful of shorter, intercontinental trips—places like Yosemite, Smoky Mountains, Lake Michigan, Boston, Maine.
7. Sky diving
8. Work on a design project (ad campaign, branding, etc) that gets published in a magazine comparable Communication Arts
9. Go to a design conference
10. Run at least one half marathon a year (though this could really be determined on #29)
11. Try skiing or snowboarding
12. Get my grandparents to tell me more to about their lives growing up and their experiences
13. Get really, really good at baking. To where I could be a “freelance” baker on the side.
14. Find my perfect shade of lipstick and wear it out often
15. Go vegetarian for a short time (a month or Lent maybe??)
16. Become more familiar with my sewing machine and actually use it.
17. Meet up with Tim in another city while he’s gone for business. Like fly to Charlotte for a long weekend after he’s been working out there all week.
18. Learn to make jam from scratch
19. Start my own personal portfolio website rather than having it hosted on a site like Behance
20. Actually put my motorcycle license to use and take rides
21. Take a ballet class
22. Design some sort of cook book. It doesn’t have to be part of my professional career necessarily. I will do it on my own time and print it myself.
23. Be able to get rid of a huge chunk of my wardrobe and start completely over.
24. Grow my hair out long enough to where I can donate it when I get a major cut
25. Go camping. Not like party camping where there are real bathrooms. Like “pee in the woods & lock away your food” camping.
26. Attend a multi-day music festival in another city.
27. Get my conceal and carry
28. Host a dinner party
29. Start a family
30. This spot is reserved for the last year of my 20’s to add any last item I may have not thought of but would like to do.
There you have it—my list! Number 29 is definitely the scariest one on that list for me. I don’t know how #8 will happened, but I’m sure going to try my darndest on every work project to make it happen.
Here goes nothing!