In preparation for the Super Bowl on Sunday, I though I’d share one of Tim’s favorite dips (and also because I am making this for the Super Bowl party we’re attending). The recipe comes from Frank’s® RedHot®—which is the key ingredient. Now, I’m a little bit of a wuss when it comes to spicy food, so I don’t eat a lot of it, but I do try to eat it.
The dip is super easy and only takes about 20 minutes to bake. I do modify the original recipe slightly. I used reduced fat cream cheese and I also add reduced fat feta cheese to the mixture. I know those two reduced fat items don’t really matter with a dip like this, but every little bit helps…right? I also broil the shredded mozzarella on top of the dip, instead of including it in the dip mixture. Enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Original recipe and image from Frank’s RedHot
8 ounce package of softened cream cheese
½ cup creamy blue cheese or ranch salad dressing (we prefer the ranch)
½ cup any flavor of Frank’s® RedHot® Sauce
½ cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup feta cheese (optional)
Two 12.5 cans of chunk chicken breast in water, drained
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the softened cream cheese into a deep baking dish and stir until smooth.
3. Mix in salad dressing, Franks RedHot sauce, feta cheese [optional]. Stir in chicken.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until the mixture is heated throughout.
5. Top with mozzarella cheese and broil for approximately 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Garnish as desired and serve with your favorite crackers, chips or vegetables!